Capturing Engagement sessions might be my most favorite thing ever. The reason I love it so much is I get to know my couples we get to “practice” together. Patrick and I recently had the opportunity to have an Anniversary session in Hawaii and let me tell you I am awkward in front of a camera it can be overwhelming! I know how it feels I will help you through the process!
1. I want to capture you in your authentic love. Raw emotions, real connections, warm embraces, all the hand holding, the movement your real connection. I want you to come as relaxed as you can and ready to be vulnerable, and honest in your relationship. It is an awesome idea for you to bring handwritten love notes to our session that you can read to each other.
2. Let’s have a good time, and make it an all-day date for you guys. Enjoy your session by planning by having dinner and drinks, go on a date! I want you to truly enjoy that day, let’s laugh together. I want you to be comfortable I want to see your real personalities come out, I want the cute, the awkward, the goofy and the fun!
3. Dress comfortably but look your best. Really wear what makes you feel confident and comfortable. What defines your style as a couple? Leave the matchy/matchy stuff at home and wear what captures your spirit and style. I also suggest leaving all the extras behind. We will be moving around being spontaneous, capturing real authentic moments so let’s leave all bags, and props behind. Guys make sure you take the phone out of your pocket!
4. Often times the last time my couples have had their photos professionally taken was for Senior Portraits. So I want you to be in a place that you will enjoy yourself, considering all the outdoor elements the weather, the lighting, the time of year. I know tons of cool places around the St. Louis area, I can help you if you need it, otherwise, if you have an idea let’s chat. I just really want this session to have your personalities coming through.
5. Relax, relax, relax, your best pictures are going to be when you loosen up and enjoy yourself, don’t worry about the details, be present and enjoy your time together. These are fleeting moments that fly by, and in all the planning enjoy your cuddling, and this “date” together. Let it be a natural session, let things go organically and your dress flow, your hair blow in the wind, don’t worry if you get mud on your boots. Let’s enjoy the surroundings and take it in.